- Sherman Law LLP




Family Law

Enforcement of Orders


Experienced Kitchener family law lawyers with expertise in Order enforcement


If you have already obtained an Order from a Family Court, you may be under the mistaken belief that all matters in your family law proceeding are now finalized and you can close this chapter in your life. Regrettably, our Kitchener family law lawyers assist clients who all too often have a former partner or spouse who disobeys or refuses to obey the terms of an Order. When this happens, you should contact one of our lawyers immediately so that we can assist you in enforcing the terms of the Order.


The court automatically files Orders dealing with child support with the Family Responsibility Office (FRO), which is Ontario’s support enforcement agency. The Family Responsibility Office has a variety of powers to enforce support such as wage garnishment, driver’s licence suspension, cancellation of a passport, and even imprisonment.

  Exterior of Waterloo Region Courthouse


Orders dealing with a payment of money, such as an equalization payment, or the transfer of property, are typically enforceable by filing a writ of seizure and sale, placing a lien on a person’s real property, or bringing a motion for contempt asking the court to garnish their wages, and other remedies.


Our dedicated team of highly skilled Kitchener family law lawyers can assist you in enforcing terms of an Order for child support, spousal support, non-payment of funds, or the refusal to transfer or return property.



Do you want to learn more about enforcement of Orders?


For over 40 years, clients have trusted in our ability to explain more than simply their legal rights and obligations in a separation or a divorce. There are few family law problems that we have not previously assisted clients in resolving. We are confident that you will appreciate our professionalism and personalized service. To benefit from our knowledge and experience with respect to the Enforcement of Orders as part of your separation or divorce, please contact 519-884-0034 or send us an email. Many of our clients are referred to us by former and current clients, as well as by lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors. We serve clients in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Hamilton, London and surrounding areas.



Connect with a lawyer in our firm with expertise in this area

Aubrey J.  Sherman

  Aubrey J.  Sherman